Frankfurt Motor Show 2017: Kia Stonic
KIA has revealed the all-new Stonic 2018 SUV at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2017.
The entry-level ‘2’ variant comes with a choice of 1.4-litre or 1.0-litre turbo petrol engines as well as a 1.6-litre turbodiesel option. The cheapest of these is the 1.4-litre variant, which produces 98bhp and 133Nm. Prices start at £16,295, with a promised return of 51.4mpg.
Meanwhile the ‘First Edition’ trim drops the entry-level 1.4-litre engine, offering the more expensive
- 1.6-litre diesel with 108bhp and 260Nm, as well as a 0-60mph figure of 10.9s and 67.3mpg.
- 1.0-litre turbo petrol is also available, with 118bhp and a 0-60mph time of 9.9s, 56.5mpg.
- All models come with a six-speed manual gearbox, and an engine start/stop system as standard.
- Front wheel drive
- Kia's Stonic will take on the Nissan Juke, Renault Captur, and new Hyundai Kona.
- Kia promises this is its most customisable car to date.
- Electronic Stability Control
- Vehicle Stability Management and hill-start assist are standard across all models.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking and Lane Departure Warning System are optional.
- A seven-inch display provides a DAB radio and MP3 compatibility. ‘First Edition’ models get a seven-inch touchscreen providing navigation and infotainment, combined with Kia connected services and TomTom. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, however, are standard across the range.
All models feature:
- 17-inch alloy wheels,
- Air con,
- Electric windows,
- Roof rails,
- Rear parking sensors,
- Remote locking,
- Heated door mirrors,
- Bluetooth with voice recognition,
- Bi-function projection headlamps also daytime running lights.
- Body-coloured bumpers,
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Six-speaker audio system.
- Seven-year/100,000 mile manufacturer warranty.
Paint options include:
- Clear White,
- Blaze Red,
- Midnight Black,
Hybrid versions of the Stonic could appear in the future by adapting the technology underpinning the Niro.